At a Vestry held in and for the said parish this 20th day of June 1738 It is Agreed that a handsome convenient Gate at the East End of the Churchyard be made with all convenient speed.
And it is also further agreed that no money shall be spent in Ale by the present or succeeding Wardens at the Expence of the parish. [This entry crossed out!]
At a Vestry held the tenth day of August 1738 It is also agreed that the reading Pew be removed and placed near the pulpit, at the Expence of Richard Lloyde Esuire and that the place wher old [–] lyes be added to Mr Lloydes seat. And it is also agreed that the roof of the parish and the benches be repaired with all speed and that the floor of the Church be also Levelled.
[Signed] Richard Lloyde, John Edwards Cler., David Williams & John David Churchwardens; ?O.N.Morice, Richard Morice Vicar. Morgan Evans
The names of those that have Neglected to pay the Church Rate for the
Year 1738. [11 names]
1738 A rate assessed on the Inhabitants of Llanrhystid Mevenydd of 7d per pound towards the repair of the said Church for the year 1739.
- Madam Phillips for Moel-Ivor
- Mrs Parry for Kilvachavel
- Edward William Morgan for PenyCwm
- Thomas David Brychwel Issa
- Evan Thomas for Glan-Carrog
- Evan Jerikin for Tregynon Issa
The Same Year for Llanrhystid Ymeiniock.
- Richard Lloyde Esqr for Mabws
- John Thomas for Mabws-Vach
- Evan David Shion for Mabws-Hen
- Edward Shion for Llyest
- Jane Edward for Ty’n-y-Mynydd
- Griffith David for Havod-Ronw
- David William Lewis [no farm named]
- Evan John Evan for Garn-Vach
- David Evan Griffith Trawsnant Icha
- Edward Evans for Trawsnant Issa
- Rowland William for Pant’r Ogfan
- Evan Evans for Rhys-Las Ucha
- David Moris for Glan-Peris
- John David Evan for Nant y Cenin
- Thomas Lewis for Rhyd-las Issa
- Lewis William for [blank]
Other accounts include such items as:
- To fetching of Lime from Llanina 2s
- Hinge for the Alter railes 9d
- For a New Common prayer Book £1
- For Cutting down the Ash, sawing etc. 8.9d
- For locks on the reading Desk drawers l0s
Full Book Details:
Llanrhystyd Parish Vestry Book 1 – 1738-70
If you have family connections or general comments, please leave a message below.