Felin Rhiw-Bwys is situated on the outskirts of Llanrhystud and was still in use in 1733.
Felin Rhiw-Bwys Corn Mill
Constructed of masonry walls, small windows with wooded lintels above, kiln and a slate roof. The miller’s cottage is attached to the mill which once ground oatmeal, though the machinery has since gone.
A leat and mill pond fed the overshot wheel on a steel shaft driving spur-wheel gear, probably consisting of two pairs of stones. In later years a modern waterwheel once produced electricity for the property.
The village once supported a number of working mills. Others close by include: Felin Fawr, Felin Ganol, Felin Carrog, Felindre and Felin Trawsnant.
Felin Rhiw-Bwys History
Details and further black and white photographs of Felin Rhiw-Bwys can be found on Coflein.